The Proto-Utopia of Grimlandia is a massive, safe nation, notable for its smutty television, keen interest in outer space, and parental licensing program. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 4.71 billion Grimlanders have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The tiny government prioritizes Education, although Healthcare, Environment, and Law & Order are also considered important, while Welfare and Defense aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Grimlavik. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 3.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Grimlandic economy, worth a remarkable 1,030 trillion Kramers a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Retail, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is an amazing 218,803 Kramers, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 774,494 per year while the poor average 44,631, a ratio of 17.4 to 1.
Knock-knock jokes regularly get removed from websites for being too edgy, the acceptance of acupuncture and other alternative therapies has needled the scientific community, getting an infected tattoo is considered a rite of passage in Grimlandia, and chocolate in Grimlandia has its flavour enhanced by the salty tears of enslaved factory workers. Crime is totally unknown. Grimlandia's national animal is the Grimlandic Land-Cod, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Grimlandia was endorsed by The Free Land of Spes Amor.
- : Grimlandia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Freedom to Seek Medical Care"".
- : Following new legislation in Grimlandia, chocolate in Grimlandia has its flavour enhanced by the salty tears of enslaved factory workers.
- : Following new legislation in Grimlandia, getting an infected tattoo is considered a rite of passage in Grimlandia.
- : Following new legislation in Grimlandia, the acceptance of acupuncture and other alternative therapies has needled the scientific community.
- : Grimlandia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Grimlandia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured.
- : Grimlandia was endorsed by The Matriarchy of Faulknaria.
- : Grimlandia was endorsed by The Community of Limonata.
- : Grimlandia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
Endorsements Received: 103 » FreeGunsForAll, Seantonia, Spncrgmn, Zeganas, Weedelia, Wysrod, Perzische Keizer, The Tasmanian Islands, Oom, Achiotopia, Snoozing Buffalax, Testa, Spiritbw, United Governments of Newrope, Zyrcrestia, Beiluxia, Phrados, Tzo, Old Atlantica, The New Earth Federation, Colonel Terrosit, Future of Mankind, Berzerkastan, Blogotopia, Palman, Chip Skylark, Crustacion, Collective Society of Clementi, Cybershield, Better Indonesia, Dimensionals, American Republic of Independent States, Hacame, Puffandria, Brandeis, Zeklandia, Wolfhunters, Coreras, Karlstejn, Seranis, UNpoopburg, Lamborghini Murcielago, Creeptopia, Manlinesslavia, DunNaGall, Those against abusers, Greater New Amsterdam, South Baker, The Soylent Green Party, Samonaemia, and 53 others.NorthernMassachusetts, Rex Republic, Zuslosal, Parpaza, United Socialists of the Highest Power, LiberationVille, Anollasia, Kilenel, Evil Dictators Happyland, Earth Federation, Slaytania, Grungerock, Mystiquelle, Kyrizstanislav, Stroulia, Pax Athena, Tijdtevelia, Jobsteria, The Dwemmer, Swabbistan, Weaubleau, Lost Islands of Pantagon, Strbrst, Myopic, Monkswood, Natanan, LimpBizkit, Karlando, Rabbitomia, Barycenter of the Amazing Newtonian Hell, Corynthio, Kebecois, Finswedeway, Auruh, Boo bie Land, BNL Corporation, God1, Edorask, Datland, Ferte, Sygnafylki, Unwo, Isentran, Neo Saorsa, Dustwind, New Minerve, PrateeKosmos, Psolick, Sittwe, Ashirou, Limonata, Faulknaria, and Spes Amor.