The Republic of Greywitch is a huge, cultured nation, renowned for its compulsory military service, triple-decker prams, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, hard-working, devout population of 483 million Greywitchians are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, moralistic government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Spirituality. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Constantinople. The average income tax rate is 18.3%.
The very strong Greywitchian economy, worth 34.3 trillion Sovereigns a year, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 71,073 Sovereigns, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.5 times as much as the poorest.
Government officials sit helplessly as they are labelled 'Pompous Womples' by celebrities, travellers are often forcibly evicted by torch-bearing mobs, most Sovereign coins are riddled with bite marks, and Leader's webseries about the alleged hauntings of Constantinople generates millions of views. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Greywitch's national animal is the lion.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Greywitch was endorsed by The Yellow and Purple Easter Egg of Oofery.
- : Greywitch was endorsed by The Magister and MoIC of Tretrid.
- : Greywitch was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Mining Sector.
- : Greywitch voted for The King's State of Kakazagistan in Round 1 of the election.
- : Following new legislation in Greywitch, Leader's webseries about the alleged hauntings of Constantinople generates millions of views.
- : Following new legislation in Greywitch, most Sovereign coins are riddled with bite marks.
- : Following new legislation in Greywitch, travellers are often forcibly evicted by torch-bearing mobs.
- : Following new legislation in Greywitch, government officials sit helplessly as they are labelled 'Pompous Womples' by celebrities.
- : Following new legislation in Greywitch, the nation's infamous boot camp is more brutal than most battlefields.
- : Greywitch was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Conservative.
Endorsements Received: 25 » Eagas, H-Zhena, Kangarawa, Wiranath, Evrigenis, BearStackof2015, Marrabuk, Brotherland, Roissyland, VW53Aland, Liberstankonia, Ridann, Rainbow Vests, Asendavia, Someseni, Republic of Berzerkistan, Am Echad, Dragons Blood, Acronis, Merlovich, Zukchiva, Pakitsk, Libertanny, Tretrid, and Oofery.