The Empire of Greygard is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Arcturus Nott with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, keen interest in outer space, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 4.014 billion Greygardians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The medium-sized, socially-minded government prioritizes Education, with Welfare, Environment, and Administration also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Defense are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Astonia. The average income tax rate is 70.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Greygardian economy, worth 430 trillion Drakons a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 107,275 Drakons, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Ten-year-olds regularly found their own political parties, gossip magazines have pictures of Arcturus Nott sunbathing on the beach with political rivals, tower block residents are each held responsible for four square inches of front lawn, and Bigtopian interference in domestic elections is always democratically sanctioned. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Greygard's national animal is the Brown Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Greygard was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Following new legislation in Greygard, Bigtopian interference in domestic elections is always democratically sanctioned.
- : Following new legislation in Greygard, tower block residents are each held responsible for four square inches of front lawn.
- : Following new legislation in Greygard, gossip magazines have pictures of Arcturus Nott sunbathing on the beach with political rivals.
- : Following new legislation in Greygard, ten-year-olds regularly found their own political parties.
- : Greygard was reclassified from "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- : Following new legislation in Greygard, if a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there to hear it... Greygardian satellites can detect it.
- : Following new legislation in Greygard, at least 1% of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs budget goes to Arcturus Nott's wardrobe.
- : Following new legislation in Greygard, newspapers and TV broadcasters are given a list of 'acceptable words'.
- : Greygard was endorsed by The Questionable Existence of Your Imaginary Friend.
Endorsements Received: 62 » Treadwellia, Nargorthia, New Rogernomics, Captain Apollo, Hycronesia, Sombrassino, SunnyPhiladelphia, Aigania, The Torrentin, The Rin Mang, Loftegen 2, Burning Pants, Xracona, Axixic, Guiness Freaks, Margandy, Rommanda, Sireco, Aleckandor, Tiegenhof, Nippon Shotou Teikoku, Dracovis, Astalen, Nova Zemlya, Mainze, Darkium, Russiane, Marcellinople, Wishper, Middle Ketalia, Auralon, Partenopean Republic, Egyptos, Courlany, Altmar, Derthal, Li Ka Shing Administrative Region, Dhan, Bobs raider puppet, Sophisica, Ecchi Unlimited, Aguaria Major, Zadaria, Denado, Wintermoot III, Aaecilia, Mzeusia, Snoodum, Perchan, Caybow, and 12 others.Lazarene Ryccia, Lake Flotillas, The New California Republic, Capercom, Halliway, Kan Po, Steel Vagabonds, Meat Sandwich, Turkish-Ottoman, The Sigometh Dynasty, Shangri-La Valley, and Your Imaginary Friend.