The Sleeping Cats of Greybrow is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Grey One with an even hand, and remarkable for its smutty television, sprawling nuclear power plants, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 24.965 billion Sleepyheadcats enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
The minute government, or what there is of one, is effectively ruled by the Department of Education, with Environment also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Welfare are ignored. Income tax is unheard of.
The all-consuming Sleepy economy, worth a remarkable 6,640 trillion nones a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Trout Farming. Average income is an amazing 266,011 nones, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 815,092 per year while the poor average 67,201, a ratio of 12.1 to 1.
Businesses are abandoning the city centre because of the lack of transport connections, bemused citizens are encouraged to sing foreign-language hymns of religions they have never heard of, 'To Regulate And Beyond' is the unofficial motto of the Sleepy Space Agency, and bike rage is all the rage. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Greybrow's national animal is the sleeping cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Greybrow, bike rage is all the rage.
- : Greybrow was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- : Greybrow was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Disposable Incomes.
- : Following new legislation in Greybrow, 'To Regulate And Beyond' is the unofficial motto of the Sleepy Space Agency.
- : Greybrow was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Greybrow was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Secular.
- : Greybrow altered its national flag.
- : Greybrow's influence in Capitalist Paradise rose from "Nipper" to "Truckler".
- : Following new legislation in Greybrow, bemused citizens are encouraged to sing foreign-language hymns of religions they have never heard of.
- : Greybrow relocated from Lazarus to Capitalist Paradise.