The Sleeping Cats of Greybrow is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Grey One with an even hand, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space, frequent executions, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 31.121 billion Sleepyheadcats enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The minute government, or what there is of one, is effectively ruled by the Department of Education, although Environment is also considered important, while Spirituality and Social Policy aren't funded at all. Income tax is unheard of.
The all-consuming Sleepy economy, worth a remarkable 8,167 trillion nones a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an amazing 262,442 nones, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 817,890 per year while the poor average 64,703, a ratio of 12.6 to 1.
Dog owners proudly declare that their pups can predict when the mailman will arrive, high school band practice is often crashed by technicolor-clad ravers, future leaders of Greybrow regularly dismiss pressing political issues when available options don't conform to their worldview, and on graduation day the hats thrown in the air fly high enough to stun passing pigeons. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Greybrow's national animal is the sleeping cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Greybrow altered its national flag.
- : Greybrow's influence in Capitalist Paradise rose from "Nipper" to "Truckler".
- : Greybrow relocated from Osiris to Capitalist Paradise.
- : Greybrow was refounded in Osiris.
- : Greybrow ceased to exist in Capitalist Paradise.
- : Greybrow was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Secular.
- : Greybrow was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Stationary.
- : Greybrow was struck by a Mk IV (Pacifier) Cure Missile from The United States of Midlands, curing 717 million infected.
- : Greybrow was struck by a Mk IV (Pacifier) Cure Missile from The United States of Midlands, curing 1,290 million infected.
- : Greybrow was struck by a Mk IV (Pacifier) Cure Missile from The United States of Midlands, curing 1,980 million infected.