The Sleeping Cats of Greybrow is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Grey One with an even hand, and notable for its infamous sell-swords, daily referendums, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 25.977 billion Sleepyheadcats enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The minute government, or what there is of one, is effectively ruled by the Department of Education, with Environment also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Welfare receive no funds. Income tax is unheard of.
The all-consuming Sleepy economy, worth a remarkable 6,914 trillion nones a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Trout Farming. Average income is an amazing 266,164 nones, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 843,906 per year while the poor average 64,003, a ratio of 13.2 to 1.
Bike rage is all the rage, lifeguards are more concerned with watching for sharks than struggling swimmers, shanty towns are forming in the suburbs of major cities, and parents are relieved they no longer need to help with their kids' algebra homework. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Greybrow's national animal is the sleeping cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Greybrow was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Retail Industry.
- : Greybrow's influence in Capitalist Paradise rose from "Nipper" to "Truckler".
- : Greybrow relocated from Lazarus to Capitalist Paradise.
- : Greybrow altered its national flag.
- : Greybrow was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Greybrow ceased to exist in Capitalist Paradise.
- : Greybrow was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Greybrow, parents are relieved they no longer need to help with their kids' algebra homework.
- : Following new legislation in Greybrow, shanty towns are forming in the suburbs of major cities.
- : Following new legislation in Greybrow, lifeguards are more concerned with watching for sharks than struggling swimmers.