|Leader||King Robert Lincoln IV|
The Unified Kingdom of Greto is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by King Robert Lincoln IV with an even hand, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, absence of drug laws, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 21.582 billion Gretonians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The minute, corrupt, pro-business government, or what there is of one, prioritizes Defense, although Law & Order and Industry are also considered important, while Environment and Welfare aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Inspire. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Gretonian economy, worth a remarkable 8,296 trillion Gretonian Dollars a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Retail, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an amazing 384,421 Gretonian Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.2 times as much as the poorest.
Hospitals fear government fines more than terrorist ransoms, military minds worry that 'the blue screen of death' on brand new operating systems may be a literal description, police struggle to solve crimes due to the lack of fingerprint records, and blue sky thinkers are reminded that the firmament is actually more of a grey-ish colour. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Greto's national animal is the Arctic Hawk, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Greto's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Greto's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Greto's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Greto altered its national flag.
- : Greto was refounded in Balder.
- : Greto ceased to exist in Osiris.
- : Greto's influence in Osiris rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Following new legislation in Greto, blue sky thinkers are reminded that the firmament is actually more of a grey-ish colour.
- : Following new legislation in Greto, police struggle to solve crimes due to the lack of fingerprint records.
- : Following new legislation in Greto, military minds worry that 'the blue screen of death' on brand new operating systems may be a literal description.