|Leader||The Parliament of GreaterLeafland|
The United Federation of GreaterLeafland is a massive, safe nation, ruled by The Parliament of GreaterLeafland with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, complete lack of prisons, and daily referendums. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 1.836 billion Leaflandians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The medium-sized, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Leafland City. The average income tax rate is 42.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Leaflandian economy, worth 220 trillion Smileys a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Retail. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 120,254 Smileys, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation's politicians are known more for the internet memes they spawn than any of their accomplishments, new government leaflets tell coeliac children to eat more crisps, people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight, and artists from across the nation compete to renovate the restrooms of old government buildings. Crime is totally unknown. GreaterLeafland's national animal is the Fox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : GreaterLeafland voted for the World Assembly Resolution "End Collective Punishment".
- : Following new legislation in GreaterLeafland, artists from across the nation compete to renovate the restrooms of old government buildings.
- : GreaterLeafland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : Following new legislation in GreaterLeafland, people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight.
- : Following new legislation in GreaterLeafland, new government leaflets tell coeliac children to eat more crisps.
- : GreaterLeafland endorsed The Democratic Republic of Veromia.
- : Following new legislation in GreaterLeafland, the nation's politicians are known more for the internet memes they spawn than any of their accomplishments.
- : Following new legislation in GreaterLeafland, anti-government web sites are springing up.
- : GreaterLeafland was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Veromia.
- : Following new legislation in GreaterLeafland, citizens are exhausted from weekly general elections.
Endorsements Received: 107 » Hong Kong Kowloon and New Territories, Yaravia, Amerion, Holota, Shuckle Empire, Beblahbleblo, Corgitopiaa, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Anatasha, Land Without Shrimp, PenguinPies, Aidenfieeld, Bleakfoot, Bawkie, Nowa Europa, The Island of Sorna, Westenhald, Hanguk-Nippon, Indolos, Holy Free, Tepertopia, Wehraboos, Arscanesia, Drew Durrnil, Kringalia, Malmsia, Concrete Slab, Jehenna, Farengeto, Raidener, Immund, Rebel-topia, The Haughtherlands, Sandaoguo, Skaladoria, Gymnostan, Blondiesland, Achemar, Kanatian Percocet, Darakin, Cucutenium, Southern Plumastang, Stephastan, Respackjakenrhace, Valansten, Volaworand, Kiasu-ism, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Bumblegaria, Ebonhand, and 57 others.Tsunamy, Sou Avida, Outer Utonixick Gollinican, Eleuthelrium, A Place Somewhere, Omalayia, Willing Mind, Ever Testing, Erstavik, Andinla, Chernaya Zvezda, Berusturg, Mavenu, Linguiniland, Donat Invadia, Damn Frigid Wastelands, USNE2018, Sedunn, Teree, Zataras, Venezia Pacifica, Ipugao, Makinius, Brazilian impero2, Doundaly, Doriander, Goom Bay, Flumenvallis, Ostavaria, Zanforadon, Esterwood, South Pernambuco, North Pernambuco, New Sanet, Leimarite Empire, Froshar, The republic of Konsa, Saint Roberts, Karimata, Baron Ungern and Tzar Nicholas, Great Lothian, Sul Rotice, Sismite, Martiland, Tyrantistica, Gennaretia, Shintoese, ARIAPOLIS01, Distalkis, Comfed, TescoPepsi, Bistritza, Eae, Depressed Nation, Shadeth, Antwerpen1, and Veromia.