The Principality of Greater Vanya is a massive, orderly nation, renowned for its compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 2.091 billion Vanya are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The tiny, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Spirituality. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 8.5%.
The strong Vanya economy, worth 143 trillion robles a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is 68,443 robles, with the richest citizens earning 8.2 times as much as the poorest.
Military spending recently hit a new high, stealing from a clothesline is a serious offence, organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region, and farting etiquette is taught in schools. Crime, especially youth-related, is relatively low, thanks to a capable police force. Greater Vanya's national animal is the ram, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Greater Vanya's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Greater Vanya's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Greater Vanya relocated from Elparia to The Rejected Realms.
- : Greater Vanya was ejected from Elparia by The Commonwealth of Elparia Founder.
- : Greater Vanya resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Greater Vanya's influence in Elparia fell from "Auxiliary" to "Ambassador".
- : Greater Vanya endorsed The Dictatorship of New Russia the 3.
- : Greater Vanya withdrew its endorsement from The Unitary States of Chuukango.
- : Greater Vanya's influence in Elparia rose from "Ambassador" to "Auxiliary".
- : Greater Vanya voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Treatment of the Deceased".