The Constitutional Monarchy of Greater Ruthenian Empire is a small, pleasant nation, renowned for its frequent executions, compulsory military service, and state-planned economy. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 20 million Greater Ruthenian Empireans are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small government prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order, Administration, and Education also on the agenda, while Spirituality and International Aid are ignored. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 11.6%.
The strong Greater Ruthenian Empirean economy, worth 1.43 trillion Grivnas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, Basket Weaving, and Retail. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 71,629 Grivnas, with the richest citizens earning 6.8 times as much as the poorest.
The government officially wants you to slow down and speak more clearly, shivering secretaries type letters under torrential downpours in open-roof offices, election results are often delayed for weeks to count the expat votes, and kids' party bags often contain candy and e-cigarettes. Crime is relatively low, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Greater Ruthenian Empire's national animal is the Nightingale, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Greater Ruthenian Empire's influence in Europe rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Following new legislation in Greater Ruthenian Empire, kids' party bags often contain candy and e-cigarettes.
- : Greater Ruthenian Empire endorsed The Federal Republic of Rouvenor.
- : Greater Ruthenian Empire endorsed The Terminus Republic of Aweland.
- : Greater Ruthenian Empire was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Rouvenor.
- : Greater Ruthenian Empire was endorsed by The Terminus Republic of Aweland.
- : Following new legislation in Greater Ruthenian Empire, election results are often delayed for weeks to count the expat votes.
- : Greater Ruthenian Empire was reclassified from "Iron Fist Consumerists" to "Moralistic Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Greater Ruthenian Empire, shivering secretaries type letters under torrential downpours in open-roof offices.
- : Greater Ruthenian Empire endorsed The Community of Foucaults garden.
Endorsements Received: 27 » Yahlia, Troltovia, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Irminsulia, Trillius, Saint Domingo, TF1 TASK FORCE 1, Alba-Nord, Ahma, Slavorussia, Thracia Republic, North Wildmark, Zealand-Scania, St Scarlett, Okcidente, Wombelland, Regnum Italiae, Moravian-Silesian Federation, The New Nordic Union, Thils, The Seven Provinces, Northern German Federation, Madagasikyara, Imperium Anglorum, Foucaults garden, Aweland, and Rouvenor.