The Democratic Republic of Greater Miami Shores is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by PresLincolnDiazBalartVPIleanaRosLehtinen with an even hand, and renowned for its suspicion of poets, complete absence of social welfare, and spontaneously combusting cars. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 16.297 billion Greater Miamian Hispanics are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The minute, pro-business government, or what there is of one, is primarily concerned with Industry, with Education also on the agenda, while Welfare and Healthcare aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Miami. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 6.2%.
The thriving Greater Miami Shoresian economy, worth 578 trillion Pesos a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is quite specialized and led by the Gambling industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Retail, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is 35,505 Pesos, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 138,907 per year while the poor average 6,182, a ratio of 22.5 to 1.
The upper class have been throwing riots after hunting was recently banned, school uniforms are compulsory, strict term limits have been applied to all elected offices, and town nameplates frequently raise giggles from passing tourists. Crime is a serious problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. Greater Miami Shores's national animal is the El Sinsonte, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Greater Miami Shores published "Meet La Habana Cuba's Rich Socialist Family" (Factbook: Politics).
- : Greater Miami Shores published "Miami Shores nations" (Meta: Reference).
- : Greater Miami Shores changed its national demonym to "Greater Miamian Hispanic".
- : Greater Miami Shores published "Links of all kinds" (Meta: Reference).
- : Greater Miami Shores published "Phoenicians of Greater Miami Shores and Phoenisland descent" (Account: Culture).
- : Greater Miami Shores changed its national demonym to "Hispanic Miamian".
- : Greater Miami Shores published "Private Work Page 1" (Meta: Reference).
- : Greater Miami Shores was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : Greater Miami Shores created a new poll in The region of real world nations: "out of character Poll - Cuban American Community or the Cuban Government.".
- : Greater Miami Shores published "G M S Private Work Page" (Meta: Reference).