The Democratic Republic of Greater Miami Shores is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by PresLincolnDiazBalartVPIleanaRosLehtinen with an even hand, and remarkable for its suspicion of poets, complete absence of social welfare, and spontaneously combusting cars. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 16.453 billion Greater Miamian Hispanics are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The minute, pro-business government, or what there is of one, is primarily concerned with Industry, with Education also on the agenda, while Welfare and Healthcare are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Miami. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 6.2%.
The thriving Greater Miami Shoresian economy, worth 584 trillion Pesos a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is quite specialized and led by the Gambling industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Woodchip Exports, and Retail. Average income is 35,505 Pesos, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 138,907 per year while the poor average 6,182, a ratio of 22.5 to 1.
The upper class have been throwing riots after hunting was recently banned, school uniforms are compulsory, strict term limits have been applied to all elected offices, and town nameplates frequently raise giggles from passing tourists. Crime is a serious problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. Greater Miami Shores's national animal is the El Sinsonte, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Greater Miami Shores published "Meet La Habana Cuba's Rich Socialist Family" (Meta: Reference).
- : Greater Miami Shores published "ref" (Meta: Reference).
- : Greater Miami Shores published "Miami Shores USA Dorian Hurricane Thread Post to be Posted at the right time I hope on time" (Meta: Reference).
- : Greater Miami Shores changed its national motto to "RL Regional Named Nation - Keep Miami Great Again".
- : Greater Miami Shores created a new poll in The region of real world nations: "Miami Shores USA Hurricane Dorian Vote and Post your Help and best wishes".
- : Greater Miami Shores published "Meet La Habana Cuba's Rich Socialist Family" (Factbook: Politics).
- : Greater Miami Shores published "Miami Shores nations" (Meta: Reference).
- : Greater Miami Shores changed its national demonym to "Greater Miamian Hispanic".
- : Greater Miami Shores published "Links of all kinds" (Meta: Reference).
- : Greater Miami Shores published "Phoenicians of Greater Miami Shores and Phoenisland descent" (Account: Culture).