|Faith||Freedom of Thought|
The Pearl of the Orient of Greater Maharlikans is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Lakandula with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, frequent executions, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate population of 2.37 billion Maharlikans are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Maynila. The average income tax rate is 78.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Maharlikan economy, worth 315 trillion Maharlikan Pesos a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is broadly diversified, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is an impressive 132,969 Maharlikan Pesos, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Satellite images show safe electoral constituencies in complete darkness, the latest superhero movie features a caped Maharlikan eagle with adamantium claws, dozens of additional foreign policy specialists have been sent to the country's WA Mission, and the "fire department" is often called to remove offensive religious texts. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Greater Maharlikans's national animal is the Maharlikan eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Freedom of Thought.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Greater Maharlikans's influence in Osiris fell from "Nipper" to "Newcomer".
- : Greater Maharlikans was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Greater Maharlikans's influence in Osiris rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Greater Maharlikans was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Greater Maharlikans's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Greater Maharlikans's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Greater Maharlikans was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes and Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Greater Maharlikans's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Greater Maharlikans was refounded in Osiris.
- : Greater Maharlikans ceased to exist in The North Pacific.