The State of Greater Luoyang is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Emperor Hirohito with an even hand, and remarkable for its otherworldly petting zoo, free-roaming dinosaurs, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed population of 3.514 billion Japanese have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Education, with Healthcare, Defense, and Law & Order also on the agenda. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Toyko. The average income tax rate is 32.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Japanese economy, worth 273 trillion Yen a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 77,946 Yen, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Foreign 'investors' have been taking a great interest in the new secret shuttle, bread-gangs raid restaurant waste bins to stockpile uneaten rolls, engine room hooch is the drink of choice among the nation's navy, and adverts proclaim it has to be healthy if the Mornay uses hand-grated Gallopavian Gruyère. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Greater Luoyang's national animal is the Shiba Inu, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Greater Luoyang was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Greater Luoyang was endorsed by The Disputed Territories of Viktorovitch.
- : Greater Luoyang's influence in Alvaria rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Greater Luoyang's influence in Alvaria rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Greater Luoyang's influence in Alvaria rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Greater Luoyang relocated from Aukumnian Imperium to Alvaria.
- : Greater Luoyang changed its national animal to "Shiba Inu", its capital to "Toyko", its currency to "Yen", its demonym to "Japanese", its demonym adjective to "Japanese", and its leader to "Emperor Hirohito".
- : Greater Luoyang altered its national flag.
- : Greater Luoyang changed its national nation type to "State".
- : Greater Luoyang's influence in Aukumnian Imperium rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".
Endorsements Received: 1 » Viktorovitch.