The Commonwealth of Greater Icelandia is a huge, safe nation, renowned for its rum-swilling pirates, irreverence towards religion, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 427 million Scandinavians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Administration, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Oslo. The average income tax rate is 51.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Greater Icelandian economy, worth 39.3 trillion Krónas a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming, Information Technology, and Retail. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 91,976 Krónas, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Hordes of faceless civil servants are running cities, people believe that if you teach a man to fish he won't buy fish from you any more, the government provides its citizenry with the same mass produced rations, and embarrassed police officers wear spandex and carry net guns. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Greater Icelandia's national animal is the Bottlenose Dolphin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Greater Icelandia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations and Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Following new legislation in Greater Icelandia, embarrassed police officers wear spandex and carry net guns.
- : Following new legislation in Greater Icelandia, the government provides its citizenry with the same mass produced rations.
- : Greater Icelandia was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Democratic Socialists".
- : Following new legislation in Greater Icelandia, people believe that if you teach a man to fish he won't buy fish from you any more.
- : Following new legislation in Greater Icelandia, hordes of faceless civil servants are running cities.
- : Greater Icelandia was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Greater Icelandia, businesses are forced to bring all work back within the nation's borders.
- : Following new legislation in Greater Icelandia, 4-year-olds are often found reminiscing about the 'good old days'.
- : Following new legislation in Greater Icelandia, films are funded in accordance with the volume of tears shed when reading the screenplay.
Endorsements Received: 121 » The Champions League, Ausvelt, Yahlia, Owlograd, Imperium Anglorum, Regnum Italiae, Savinecross, The New Mexican Confederation, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Estoniia, The Kingdom of Denmark, The Oriental Empire, Rivierenland, Elisabethshagen, Invernessia, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, Saint Domingo, North of Americas, The Seven Provinces, Meropis, Apabeossie, St Scarlett, Walfo, The New Nordic Union, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Thracia Republic, South St Maarten, Rawando, Northern German Federation, NorthPortugal, Mallesia, Irminsulia, Abject Ludicrosity, GanymedEuropa, Francitanie, Jim the Baptist, Destyntine, Shaor, Wombelland, Cath Slar, Heermiinaa, Maritzal, New Eestiball, Slavonia and Srijem, Leranditale, Vostokian Union, Brakanistan, Wessex and Cornwall, Dark Matter, Dauershire, and 71 others.Viktorias, Ashckar, Republic of Satherland, Falvaard, New Hevania, BETTER CANADA, Hverland, An Clar, Someseni, Prussian-Union, The Scandinavian Realm, Northern Socialist States, The States of Texas and Arkansas, Saiwania, Galway-Dublin, Super Happy Land, Maanenland, Sloburg, Umeria, Anskerdank, Nea Europa, Heinsbergen, Trixeland, Migurson, Wollaberg, Neuchateau, Kardjali, Estellan, Kanokla, Monte Naranja, Noristoniaka, Weltbeherrschung, Purgatio, ENOTRIA, Kyrica, Northwest Isles, Rheinland-Westphalia, Mathuvan Union, Bathera, Parliamentary Laramidia, Uzbek Khan, Anglo-Francios, Eski, Litalia Vala, Valtrona, Nardin, Kurfuerstentum Brandenburg-Mecklenburg, Christian Terra, The Greater Ununited States, Drew Durrnil, The Twelve Nations of Eastern Europe, Anglo-Bergany, Transthysciam, The Pontic State, New Lorlshinialand, Eco-Paris Reformation, Mynox, Canovium, Turkenia, Thracia and Crimea, Ostermarch, Latin Commonwealth, United Communes of Chile, Monkistan, The Fair Republic, Othenhiem, Enway, Romana Imperium de Italia, Continental Social Democrats, Armbruster, and Berlin and Potsdam.