The Empyrean Empire of Greater Gyelidor is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Eloph Vaticus with an iron fist, and notable for its compulsory military service, disturbing lack of elderly people, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 1.783 billion Gyelidorians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The large, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lemur. The average income tax rate is 74.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Greater Gyelidorian economy, worth 263 trillion Eloahs a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing and Tourism. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an impressive 147,760 Eloahs, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Nose plugs are the latest Greater Gyelidorian fashion accessory, the government spends more on chasing distant comets than on basic infrastructure, pedants defending Eloph Vaticus observe that psychopaths and sociopaths aren't exactly the same thing, and traffic jams are a common sight due to construction work from a massive overhaul of the nation's freeways. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Greater Gyelidor's national animal is the Leviathan, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Leaderism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Greater Gyelidor published "Commandos" (Factbook: Military).
- : Greater Gyelidor published "Combat Droids" (Factbook: Military).
- : Greater Gyelidor published "Military Equipment" (Factbook: Military).
- : Greater Gyelidor published "Gyelidorian Armed Forces" (Factbook: Military).
- : Following new legislation in Greater Gyelidor, traffic jams are a common sight due to construction work from a massive overhaul of the nation's freeways.
- : Following new legislation in Greater Gyelidor, pedants defending Eloph Vaticus observe that psychopaths and sociopaths aren't exactly the same thing.
- : Following new legislation in Greater Gyelidor, the government spends more on chasing distant comets than on basic infrastructure.
- : Greater Gyelidor lodged a message on the Lazarus Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Greater Gyelidor, nose plugs are the latest Greater Gyelidorian fashion accessory.
- : Greater Gyelidor voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Safe Disposal of Nuclear Waste".
Endorsements Received: 92 » Fluffiness, Leonism, Surd, Treadwellia, The Gelseen Hegemony, Nippon Shotou Teikoku, Aigania, Debussy, Darkium, Marcellinople, Aaecilia, Axixic, Bobs raider puppet, New Rogernomics, Arkanik, Nimaric, Aleckandor, Courlany, Praenestia, Iron Alliance, Meat Sandwich, Xalivstonia, United States of Sarjania, Kryansk, Falconhedge, The Islands of Colwell, Imperial Saber, Americastrailia, The Sigometh Dynasty, Wassily Universal Rifling Company, Saundie, 1482, TypoTech, Nucular, The Celestial Lands, Guiness Freaks, Port Flynt, Cervidaea, Cgg507, Steel Vagabonds, State of Cascadia, Greater East Portage, Bouleraux, Highchii, Business States of America, Mainze, Silver Minner, The Salvation States, Nova Zemlya, Ashoy, and 42 others.Burning Pants, Native Inhabitants of Antarctica, Skin Nation The Second, Wishper, Pepper Island Democratica Freeland Papri, Saint Alaric, Denado, KillerKahn, Carpmark, Auralon, Caybow, New Transeurasia, Fortytipper, Islayth, Technodrake, Mohanj, Independent Mercury, Dino Charge, Epicuria Libertaria, 7Land, Darcaethir, Nothark Vilum, Malororia, Zinertia, Black pinewood, ThePerfectSociety, The Free States of The North, Democratic North Korea, Japba, Enkowshe, Kunigund, Tinbo, Lurraterra, Alf53, Flasankia, Green state federation, Calicate, Peapodaris, Custadia, Burikinia, PASSIONnate, and Unified Wessex.