The People's Republic of Greater East Slavia is a massive, safe nation, renowned for its zero percent divorce rate, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 1.601 billion East Slavias are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Novii Gorod. The average income tax rate is 71.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Greater East Slavian economy, worth 66.0 trillion rubles a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Cheese Exports and Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 41,198 rubles, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The diplomatic corps tends to open negotiations by insulting all the foreigners in the room, Members of Parliament are often found living in cardboard boxes, diners regard burgers made from mechanically reclaimed cow protein as "proper meat", and politicians spend more time in courtrooms than in Parliament. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Greater East Slavia's national animal is the golden eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Greater East Slavia's influence in Sophia rose from "Envoy" to "Diplomat".
- : Greater East Slavia's influence in Sophia rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- : Greater East Slavia's influence in Sophia rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- : Greater East Slavia endorsed The Novice Writer of Tinhampton.
- : Greater East Slavia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Marrabuk".
- : Greater East Slavia's influence in Sophia rose from "Vassal" to "Handshaker".
- : Greater East Slavia was endorsed by The Novice Writer of Tinhampton.
- : Greater East Slavia's influence in Sophia rose from "Zero" to "Vassal".
- : Greater East Slavia relocated from The Rejected Realms to Sophia.
- : Greater East Slavia's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
Endorsements Received: 1 » Tinhampton.