|Leader||President Ami Delmaré|
The Socialist Republic of Greater Angelus is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by President Ami Delmaré with an iron fist, and notable for its national health service, smutty television, and ban on automobiles. The compassionate, cynical population of 4.771 billion Angelans are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous, corrupt, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Victorique. The average income tax rate is 97.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Angelan economy, worth 702 trillion monochromes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Furniture Restoration, and Tourism. Average income is an impressive 147,151 monochromes, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The new national anthem passes the Turing Test, any body part that can be cut off a person is no longer considered to be their property, the seventh son of a seventh son is fated to be a millionaire, and power stations shutting down at night has made bedtime reading tricky. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Greater Angelus's national animal is the guerrilla emu, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Orthodox Violetism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Greater Angelus was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Authoritarian.
- : Greater Angelus endorsed The Constitutional Monarchy of Chinohana.
- : Greater Angelus was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Chinohana.
- : Greater Angelus voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Auphelia".
- : Greater Angelus voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Ensuring Safe Syringe Use"".
- : Following new legislation in Greater Angelus, power stations shutting down at night has made bedtime reading tricky.
- : Following new legislation in Greater Angelus, the seventh son of a seventh son is fated to be a millionaire.
- : Greater Angelus lodged a message on the Eientei Gensokyo Regional Message Board.
- : Greater Angelus voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Requiring Promulgation of National Laws".
- : Following new legislation in Greater Angelus, any body part that can be cut off a person is no longer considered to be their property.