|Leader||President Páhani Tillinic|
The United Commissariats of Greatdux is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by President Páhani Tillinic with an even hand, and notable for its punitive income tax rates, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 1.38 billion Greatduxers are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Cleurpedak. The average income tax rate is 82.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Greatduxian economy, worth 145 trillion gedles a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Trout Farming, and Beef-Based Agriculture. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 105,634 gedles, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.1 times as much as the poorest.
The airship business has been driven out of the country by strict regulations and high fines, 13-year-old internet trolls are treated as a threat on par with terrorists, President Páhani Tillinic's new political program is often mockingly called 'Capitalism with a Bigtopian face', and a suspicious number of John Smiths are known to donate to Greatduxian politicians. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Greatdux's national animal is the Bison, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Eastern Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Greatdux, a suspicious number of John Smiths are known to donate to Greatduxian politicians.
- : Greatdux created a custom banner.
- : Following new legislation in Greatdux, President Páhani Tillinic's new political program is often mockingly called 'Capitalism with a Bigtopian face'.
- : Greatdux was reclassified from "Authoritarian Democracy" to "Moralistic Democracy".
- : Greatdux was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector and the Top 10% for Most Efficient Economies.
- : Greatdux voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Syria".
- : Greatdux lodged a message on the OmniOne Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Greatdux, 13-year-old internet trolls are treated as a threat on par with terrorists.
- : Following new legislation in Greatdux, the airship business has been driven out of the country by strict regulations and high fines.
- : Greatdux changed its national leader to "President Páhani Tillinic" and its motto to "Towards progress and our fatherland!".