|Leader||King Alexander the Second|
|Faith||Church of Nortend|
The Kingdom of Great Nortend is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by King Alexander the Second with an even hand, and remarkable for its state-planned economy, frequent executions, and zero percent divorce rate. The hard-nosed, devout population of 3.105 billion Nortchmen are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The large, moralistic government juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Law & Order, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lendert-with-Cadell. The average income tax rate is 48.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Nortan economy, worth 148 trillion pounds a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Basket Weaving, Cheese Exports, Trout Farming, and Gambling. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 47,948 pounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
Harry Potter books are banned, the state auctions off combat drones to fund war reparations, glue production is at an all-time high, and it is illegal to have the wrong clock time showing on your microwave oven. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Great Nortend's national animal is the lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Church of Nortend.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Great Nortend lodged a message on the The Western Isles Regional Message Board.
- : Great Nortend was ravaged by a Zombie Thing Horde from The Island Republic of Cosie, infecting 1 million survivors and converting to a zombie exporter! Oh no!
- : Following new legislation in Great Nortend, it is illegal to have the wrong clock time showing on your microwave oven.
- : Great Nortend was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Basket Weaving Sector and Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Great Nortend, glue production is at an all-time high.
- : Following new legislation in Great Nortend, the state auctions off combat drones to fund war reparations.
- : Following new legislation in Great Nortend, Harry Potter books are banned.
- : Following new legislation in Great Nortend, people's charity begins and ends at home.
- : Following new legislation in Great Nortend, executions are marked by quiet dignity and maybe a final round or two of whist.
- : Following new legislation in Great Nortend, King Alexander the Second is adamant that ponies aren't just for little girls.