The Revolutionary Republic of Great Jergania and Jonland is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by President-elect Gary Johnson with a fair hand, and remarkable for its unlimited-speed roads, daily referendums, and complete lack of public education. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 9.533 billion Jerganians are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The minute, corrupt, pro-business, outspoken government, or what there is of one, is effectively ruled by the Department of Industry, although Defense is also considered important, while Environment and Social Policy aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of LibertÓ. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Jerganian economy, worth a remarkable 1,843 trillion dollars a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 193,432 dollars, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 843,953 per year while the poor average 28,015, a ratio of 30.1 to 1.
Excited shovel-bearing geeks wander the countryside, new cases of Asbestosis are cropping up as quickly as hospitals can deal with them, stoned tourists don't tend to remember much about their holidays here, and visions of giant pink doves are a common side effect after Jerganians eat their meals. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Great Jergania and Jonland's national animal is the dove, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is the Cult of Kek.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Great Jergania and Jonland's influence in Osiris rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Great Jergania and Jonland's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Great Jergania and Jonland's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Great Jergania and Jonland's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Great Jergania and Jonland was refounded in Osiris.
- : Great Jergania and Jonland ceased to exist in The Cult of Kek.
- : Great Jergania and Jonland's influence in The Cult of Kek fell from "Eminence Grise" to "Enforcer".
- : Great Jergania and Jonland's influence in The Cult of Kek fell from "Powerbroker" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Great Jergania and Jonland's influence in The Cult of Kek fell from "Power" to "Powerbroker".
- : Great Jergania and Jonland's influence in The Cult of Kek rose from "Negotiator" to "Power".