|Leader||General Secretary Ian McWilliams|
|Faith||Communism and the state|
The United People's Republic of Great Ian Empire is a massive, safe nation, ruled by General Secretary Ian McWilliams with an iron fist, and notable for its frequent executions, public floggings, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 1.995 billion Loyal Comrades are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The large, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ianiskia. The average income tax rate is 85.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Great Ian Empirean economy, worth 307 trillion Imagination Bucks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is broadly diversified, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming, Tourism, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 153,975 Imagination Bucks, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Surfing lessons include how to ward off sharks, kids these days know how to throw a proper punch, pocket calculators are seen as status symbols for the ostentatiously wealthy, and the government loves seeing the little people fight. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Great Ian Empire's national animal is the Capitalist Pig, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Communism and the state.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Great Ian Empire, the government loves seeing the little people fight.
- : Great Ian Empire was endorsed by The Plutocratic Banana Republic of Zerentopia.
- : Following new legislation in Great Ian Empire, pocket calculators are seen as status symbols for the ostentatiously wealthy.
- : Following new legislation in Great Ian Empire, kids these days know how to throw a proper punch.
- : Following new legislation in Great Ian Empire, surfing lessons include how to ward off sharks.
- : Great Ian Empire voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Convention on Animal Testing".
- : Great Ian Empire withdrew a proposal from the WA General Assembly titled "International Defense Council".
- : Following new legislation in Great Ian Empire, it's a marvellous night for a moon dance as the sparks on your home start to rise.
- : Great Ian Empire was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured.
- : Great Ian Empire submitted a proposal to the General Assembly International Security Board entitled "International Defense Council".