|Leader||King Paul-Emil II|
The United Kingdoms of Grays Harbor is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by King Paul-Emil II with an even hand, and remarkable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, smutty television, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cheerful, devout population of 32.314 billion Harberians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government is dominated by the Department of Defense, although Law & Order, Education, and Industry are also considered important, while Social Policy and Spirituality receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Aberdeen. The average income tax rate is 93.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Harberian economy, worth a remarkable 7,732 trillion Crowns a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Automobile Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. Average income is an amazing 239,285 Crowns, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Barbed wire entanglements and guard towers surround the Aberdeen Natural History Museum, the government is funding experimental battery technology while the power grid continues to crumble, drill sergeants yell in the ears of bespectacled nerds in cybermilitary "reboot camps", and tourists are denied entry because of a distant relative married to a Lilliputian. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Grays Harbor's national animal is the Baycat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Harberian Catholic.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Grays Harbor voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend Imperium Anglorum"".
- : Grays Harbor voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Paffnia".
- : Grays Harbor voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Debtor Voting Rights".
- : Grays Harbor voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Jutsa".
- : Grays Harbor voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Preventing Groundwater Contamination".
- : Grays Harbor voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Lyras".
- : Grays Harbor voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend Solorni"".
- : Grays Harbor voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn United World Order".
- : Grays Harbor voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Intersystem Space Stations Programme".
- : Grays Harbor was endorsed by The Lone Star Republic of Greater United Texas.