|Leader||King Paul-Emil II|
The United Kingdoms of Grays Harbor is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by King Paul-Emil II with an even hand, and notable for its compulsory military service, sprawling nuclear power plants, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cheerful, devout population of 30.71 billion Harberians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government is dominated by the Department of Defense, although Law & Order, Education, and Industry are also considered important, while Social Policy and Spirituality receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Aberdeen. The average income tax rate is 94.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Harberian economy, worth a remarkable 7,000 trillion Crowns a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Automobile Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 227,964 Crowns, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Doctors prescribe medicines but they rarely dispense hope or compassion, diners regard burgers made from mechanically reclaimed cow protein as "proper meat", credit scores fluctuate wildly with every change of government, and no-one can foil the ambitions of Big Aluminium. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Grays Harbor's national animal is the Baycat, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Harberian Catholic.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Grays Harbor voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate KAISERREICH"".
- : Grays Harbor voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate KAISERREICH"".
- : Grays Harbor voted against the World Assembly Resolution "End Excessive Data Retention Act".
- : Grays Harbor was endorsed by The Gigantic Frozen Igloo of Studly Penguins.
- : Grays Harbor was endorsed by The Donaldson City Government of Lewisville Texas.
- : Grays Harbor voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Alasdair I Frosticus".
- : Grays Harbor voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Agricultural Invasive Species Act".
- : Grays Harbor was endorsed by The Equatorial Republic of Tishanda.
- : Grays Harbor voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Femdom Empire"".
- : Grays Harbor voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Statutory Limitations for Heinous Crimes".