The United Kingdoms of Grays Harbor is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by King Paul-Emil II with an even hand, and renowned for its smutty television, frequent executions, and public floggings. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cheerful, devout population of 29.817 billion Harberians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government is dominated by the Department of Defense, although Law & Order, Education, and Industry are also considered important, while Social Policy and Spirituality are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Aberdeen. The average income tax rate is 94.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Harberian economy, worth a remarkable 6,653 trillion Crowns a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Automobile Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. Average income is an amazing 223,145 Crowns, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Huge explosions in the sky are a daily occurrence in the cities, blind dates reemerge as a necessary evil in the quest for love, bike rage is all the rage, and toxic smog is dismissed as the populace just "letting off steam". Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Grays Harbor's national animal is the Baycat, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Harberian Catholic.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Grays Harbor voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend The Macabees".
- : Grays Harbor voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Ritual Sacrifice".
- : Grays Harbor was endorsed by The Gigantic Frozen Igloo of Studly Penguins.
- : Grays Harbor was endorsed by The Omnioppressive Nation of Narshtaph.
- : Grays Harbor was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Grays Harbor voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Freedom to Seek Medical Care"".
- : Grays Harbor was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Cultured.
- : Grays Harbor was endorsed by The Serene Dodo Utopia of Safj.
- : Grays Harbor was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Mining Sector.
- : Grays Harbor was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Lammey.