|Leader||King Paul-Emil II|
The United Kingdoms of Grays Harbor is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by King Paul-Emil II with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, smutty television, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cheerful, devout population of 30.368 billion Harberians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government is dominated by the Department of Defense, although Law & Order, Education, and Industry are also considered important, while Social Policy and Spirituality aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Aberdeen. The average income tax rate is 94.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Harberian economy, worth a remarkable 6,918 trillion Crowns a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Automobile Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 227,834 Crowns, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Doctors prescribe medicines but they rarely dispense hope or compassion, diners regard burgers made from mechanically reclaimed cow protein as "proper meat", credit scores fluctuate wildly with every change of government, and no-one can foil the ambitions of Big Aluminium. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Grays Harbor's national animal is the Baycat, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Harberian Catholic.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Grays Harbor voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Protection of Biomedical Research"".
- : Grays Harbor was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Cultured.
- : Grays Harbor voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Promoting Sustainable Timber"".
- : Grays Harbor was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Basket Weaving Sector and the Top 10% for Largest Retail Industry.
- : Grays Harbor was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Wealthy Incomes.
- : Grays Harbor voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Westphalia".
- : Grays Harbor voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Promoting Sustainable Timber".
- : Grays Harbor voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Wrapper".
- : Grays Harbor was endorsed by The Vacation Destination of New Zealand.
- : Grays Harbor voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Texas".