The Cyberocracy of Gratefuland is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Illusive Mastermind with an even hand, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space, anti-smoking policies, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 1.172 billion Gratefulandians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Wartburg. The average income tax rate is 42.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Gratefulandian economy, worth 117 trillion thankyoús a year, is dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 100,340 thankyoús, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
People faint regularly as they get stuck with compulsory vaccinations, people are bored of easy crossword puzzles, streakers swamp all public events in order to bare it all, and social media sites prompt users to send birthday greetings to unresponsive nonagenarians. Crime is totally unknown. Gratefuland's national animal is the seraph, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Optimistic determinism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Gratefuland, social media sites prompt users to send birthday greetings to unresponsive nonagenarians.
- : Following new legislation in Gratefuland, streakers swamp all public events in order to bare it all.
- : Following new legislation in Gratefuland, people are bored of easy crossword puzzles.
- : Gratefuland was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Gratefuland, people faint regularly as they get stuck with compulsory vaccinations.
- : Following new legislation in Gratefuland, trust-fund babies line up for places in community college.
- : Following new legislation in Gratefuland, the government is continually probing the galaxy in search of alien life.
- : Following new legislation in Gratefuland, on graduation day the hats thrown in the air fly high enough to stun passing pigeons.
- : Gratefuland endorsed The Armed Republic of The United Neo American Union.
- : Following new legislation in Gratefuland, the "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The New Wartburg Times is sold out.
Endorsements Received: 68 » Fedele, H-Zhena, A Slanted Black Stripe, Brotherland, Davelands, Axdel, VW53Aland, Izonno, Tim Stark, Bachtendekuppen, Wiranath, Todd McCloud, Roissyland, Ridann, Hizuru, Servants of Gizmo, Propwash, Taurora, Kaigi, Eagas, Am Echad, Elsweyr Land, Aelitia, Rhealaliit, Janoobi Jazair, Talitoa, Enlil, Lanagon, Ver Norge, The Romanum Legio, Outer Verron Swicia Islands, CopyCato, Elejamie, The Almighty Country, Someseni, Lyontisia, Bytes, Mundiferrum, Aristortia, East Malaysia, Marrico, Joundia, Ravendi, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, TheRuthenians, The Angel of Charity, BearStackof2015, Pakitsk, Free sovereign Soviet socialist republic, The Holy Utopian Republic, and 18 others.Kilkire, Astroa, Justice-Becoming, Kingdom of Pars, Adavan, America Mjolnir, Survivoristan, River Meadow, SloveStates, Buck-in-Gham, Dpispitir, Freedom Fascists, Slys Paws, Davinhia, Aleister, Opossum Slayer, Funkadelia, and The United Neo American Union.