The Big Man of Granzery is a massive, safe nation, ruled by István Árpád with an iron fist, and renowned for its compulsory military service, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The cynical population of 2.312 billion Granzerians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Welfare, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Veraglia. The average income tax rate is 59.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but sluggish Granzeryian economy, worth 63.4 trillion Rucats a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 27,424 Rucats, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Politicians "baring all" for the camera isn't always a figure of speech, government-run screening operations remove embryos with severe genetic disorders, embarrassed police officers wear spandex and carry net guns, and the same 2312 social media bloggers always loudly and immediately agree with István Árpád's every word on Twitcher. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Granzery's national animal is the Turulmadar.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Granzery's influence in New Atlas rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Granzery's influence in New Atlas rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Granzery's influence in New Atlas rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Granzery's influence in New Atlas rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Granzery's influence in New Atlas rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Granzery altered its national flag.
- : Granzery relocated from Osiris to New Atlas.
- : Granzery was refounded in Osiris.
- : Granzery ceased to exist in New Atlas.
- : Granzery's influence in New Atlas rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".