The Rue de l'Étoile of Grand Place is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by Charles Buls with an iron fist, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, frequent executions, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 4.211 billion Belgians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The large, corrupt, well-organized government prioritizes Education, with Defense, Industry, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while International Aid and Spirituality receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bruxelles. The average income tax rate is 62.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Belgian economy, worth 381 trillion euros a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Arms Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. Black market activity is notable. Average income is 90,660 euros, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.9 times as much as the poorest.
Teenagers are told they're not thinking about sex enough, executions are marked by quiet dignity and maybe a final round or two of whist, vaccinations are mandatory, and mathematicians are gathering an infinite number of lions and typewriters to see if they can recreate the works of Max Barry. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Grand Place's national animal is the lion, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Grand Place was endorsed by The Heart of The United Syrian States.
- : Following new legislation in Grand Place, mathematicians are gathering an infinite number of lions and typewriters to see if they can recreate the works of Max Barry.
- : Following new legislation in Grand Place, vaccinations are mandatory.
- : Following new legislation in Grand Place, executions are marked by quiet dignity and maybe a final round or two of whist.
- : Following new legislation in Grand Place, teenagers are told they're not thinking about sex enough.
- : Following new legislation in Grand Place, crime suspects are forced to submit to blood testing.
- : Grand Place voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Legal Rights of Workers".
- : Grand Place endorsed The Principality of Demonos.
- : Grand Place voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Trotterdam".
- : Grand Place was endorsed by The Principality of Demonos.
Endorsements Received: 101 » Treadwellia, New Rogernomics, Nargorthia, Axixic, Perchan, Praenestia, Lazarene Ryccia, Denado, The Sigometh Dynasty, NoDrugCrimeTown, Aflana, Custadia, Guiness Freaks, Burning Pants, Caybow, Mzeusia, Arkanik, Rommanda, Sophisica, Aletian, Steel Vagabonds, Xracona, Fissure Town, Darkium, Bobs raider puppet, The Salvation States, Leton, Sireco, Tottoro, Astalen, Northern Rosary Isles, Cossack Peoples, Pherttsylvania, Surd, Nova Zemlya, Mo-Po-Lo-Jo-To-Jo, Loftegen 3, Bravenewworld, Ecchi Unlimited, The Daedric Lords, Snoodum, Leonism, Zadaria, Capercom, Aegis-5, Glorious Society, Shaunborough, Aigania, Manaric, Thetraxia, and 51 others.The New California Republic, Outlaw Conformity, Auralon, Darcaethir, Inceptio, Aguaria Major, Issrak-om, Nippon Shotou Teikoku, Treat-Seeking Missiles, Othan, Russiane, Port Flynt, Margandy, Uhanda, The Celestial Lands, The Islands of Colwell, Tor Otto, Shadowra, Emperor PJ, Wishper, Laporter, TypoTech, Marcellinople, Sletho, Wilhelmsborough, Ioboriya, Mainze, Aleckandor, Skin Nation The Second, Tristin, Courlany, Amertheria, Peoples Republic of zanzablanzabar, Watchlandia, Kunigund, Fortytipper, Arclandia, Sveta Makreshanska Kraljevina, Silver Minner, Prodomina, Domais, Captain Apollo, Deciduslava, Aaecilia, Riau Islands, Tradle Peloni, Debussy, Ashoy, Ladandtopia, Demonos, and The United Syrian States.