|Leader||Prime Minister Douglas Kendrick|
|Currency||Grand Anglish Pound|
The Kingdom of Grand Angland is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Prime Minister Douglas Kendrick with an even hand, and notable for its keen interest in outer space, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, cheerful population of 7.274 billion Angles are prohibited from doing almost everything except voting, which they do timidly and conservatively.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Blackshore. The average income tax rate is 97.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Anglish economy, worth 969 trillion Grand Anglish Pounds a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Basket Weaving, and Cheese Exports. Average income is an impressive 133,255 Grand Anglish Pounds, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
A light facial coating of soot is seen as the mark of an honest and hardworking man, motorists must pay to enter inner-cities during peak hours, straitjackets are a common religious garb, and Prime Minister Douglas Kendrick claims to be the epitome of family values. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Grand Angland's national animal is the Anglish Terrier, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Grand Angland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Primitive.
- : Grand Angland's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Grand Angland's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Grand Angland's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Grand Angland was refounded in Balder.
- : Grand Angland ceased to exist in Osiris.
- : Grand Angland's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Grand Angland's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Grand Angland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens and Highest Workforce Participation Rate.
- : Grand Angland's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".