The United Socialist States of Gozar is a huge, safe nation, ruled by Demitri Maximoff with a fair hand, and renowned for its frequent executions, irreverence towards religion, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 890 million Gozarians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Neo Babylon. The average income tax rate is 72.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Gozarian economy, worth 69.2 trillion gozarian rupees a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is 77,768 gozarian rupees, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Telling someone to 'break a leg' is considered a criminal inducement to self harm, coat closets are being re-branded as bedrooms, citizens can only enjoy the splendor of the natural world in designated 'Majesty Appreciation' zones, and large-girthed charity workers assign themselves healthy wages for their work with starving children. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Gozar's national animal is the bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Gozar, large-girthed charity workers assign themselves healthy wages for their work with starving children.
- : Gozar was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates and Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Gozar voted against the World Assembly Resolution "International Maxtopia Day".
- : Following new legislation in Gozar, citizens can only enjoy the splendor of the natural world in designated 'Majesty Appreciation' zones.
- : Gozar was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Foreign Aid Spending and Most Advanced Public Education.
- : Gozar voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Haku".
- : Gozar voted against the World Assembly Resolution "International Scientific Cooperation".
- : Gozar endorsed The Sultanate of Selangortupia.
- : Following new legislation in Gozar, coat closets are being re-branded as bedrooms.
- : Following new legislation in Gozar, telling someone to 'break a leg' is considered a criminal inducement to self harm.
Endorsements Received: 50 » Giovanniland, The Holy Principality of Saint Mark, United Adaikes, Blue Bubble, Oliverary, Fujai, Haetonia, Wickedly evil people, Southeastern Command, Hamburg Neo, Guitermot, Leukogeras, The Theeserrasland, Jigsland, Hongg Kong, Kisovec, Westwind, Oronia, Win Mints, Archonina, Dilber, Arvladma, Santos-Dominius, Brasiliks, Overthinkers, Pandaland II, Red Neverwinter, Q The Almighty, Mucht, Albyion Kingdom, New Democratic Republic of Russia, Apexiala, Cro Magnon, Apaky, Podium, Shaktirajya, Hrimland, Hoile, Greg Tucker, Burakis, Fallgriffin, Elianio, Fotisdia, RX-88, Sensorland, Bitar, Hidden Springs, Bidi, Bhang Bhang Duc, and Selangortupia.