The State of Gorkhapur is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by Arjuna IV with an iron fist, and notable for its compulsory military service, suspicion of poets, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 1.656 billion Gorkhalis are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The minute, corrupt, pro-business, well-organized government, or what there is of one, prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order and Industry also on the agenda, while Spirituality and International Aid aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kathmandu. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 4.7%.
The powerhouse Gorkhali economy, worth 135 trillion Gorkhali Rupees a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Woodchip Exports, Arms Manufacturing, and Uranium Mining. Average income is 82,036 Gorkhali Rupees, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 280,727 per year while the poor average 17,618, a ratio of 15.9 to 1.
Government theft from poor artists to give to rich allies has been dubbed the "reverse Robin Hood" policy, convicted felons are forced into slavery for their crimes, Arjuna IV has been self-declared as the Most Supreme Magnificent Overlord of Everything You Ever Saw, and Arjuna IV is the self-declared God of all Gorkhapur. Crime is a problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Gorkhapur's national animal is the Himalayan Monal, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Hinduism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Gorkhapur's influence in World Conference rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Gorkhapur published "Akasigaida of Gorkhapur" (Factbook: Politics).
- : Gorkhapur altered its national flag.
- : Gorkhapur's influence in World Conference rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Gorkhapur published "Wikipedia: Gorkhapur (Heavy WIP)" (Factbook: Overview).
- : Gorkhapur's influence in World Conference rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Gorkhapur's influence in World Conference rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Gorkhapur changed its national leader to "Arjuna IV" and its nation type to "State".
- : Gorkhapur's influence in World Conference rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : Gorkhapur relocated from Osiris to World Conference.