The Republic of Gordavar is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Councilman Thok with an even hand, and renowned for its free-roaming dinosaurs, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.37 billion Gordavarians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Aardgard. The average income tax rate is 66.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Gordavarian economy, worth 143 trillion Dunjavs a year, is fairly diversified and dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Information Technology, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 105,042 Dunjavs, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
All beauty contests have been banned, the voyages of obsolete star-trekking satellites on deliberate escape orbits are only just beginning, couples kissing on the street are detained for 'unlawful exchange of genetic material', and the law says it's okay to sell a bomb to a terrorist so long as they promise not to detonate it. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Gordavar's national animal is the Pheonix, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Stubborn Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Gordavar was endorsed by The Democratic Arctic Republic of Rittia.
- : Gordavar was endorsed by The Empire of Sitno Carstvo.
- : Gordavar was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Order of Aculon.
- : Gordavar was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Developed.
- : Gordavar was endorsed by The Empire of ZesStain.
- : Gordavar voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Aerospace Sovereignty Act".
- : Gordavar was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Survivors.
- : Gordavar lodged a message on the Nordic Lands Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Gordavar, the law says it's okay to sell a bomb to a terrorist so long as they promise not to detonate it.
- : Gordavar was cleansed by a Level 4 Combined Force Tactical Zombie Elimination Squad from The Empire of Isles of Akhribia, killing 4 million zombies.