The United Socialist States of Goper is a very large, orderly nation, notable for its state-planned economy, irreverence towards religion, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 158 million Goperians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The enormous, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. The average income tax rate is 70.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but sluggish Goperian economy, worth 3.65 trillion pounds a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Arms Manufacturing, Basket Weaving, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Information Technology. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 23,099 pounds, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes, the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit, military spending is on the increase, and woefully uninformed voters cast their ballots at random. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Goper's national animal is the penguin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Goper's influence in Noxus pact fell from "Hermit" to "Vassal".
- : Goper's influence in Noxus pact rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
- : Goper relocated from The Rejected Realms to Noxus pact.
- : Goper's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Goper relocated from Noxus pact to The Rejected Realms.
- : Goper was ejected and banned from Noxus pact by The United Socialist States of Anostas.
- : Goper was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Zombified and the Top 10% for Most Dead.
- : Goper's influence in Noxus pact rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Goper lodged a message on the Noxus pact Regional Message Board.
- : Goper published "Number of military" (Factbook: Military).