The Armed Republic of Gonswanza is a huge, efficient nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, ubiquitous missile silos, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 606 million Gonswanzans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government prioritizes Defense, with Education, Law & Order, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and International Aid aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kotun. The average income tax rate is 47.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Gonswanzan economy, worth 82.4 trillion Donars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 136,020 Donars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Students abandon classrooms for online education, powerful x-ray machines used by the Customs Department can see into the homes of nearby residents, armed police are cracking down on untaxed collectable-card-trading in local junior schools, and weird kids who eat bugs are breaking the law. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Gonswanza's national animal is the Jewel Spider, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Gonswanza was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Following new legislation in Gonswanza, weird kids who eat bugs are breaking the law.
- : Gonswanza endorsed The Parrothead's Paradise of Tie-Died Chinchillas.
- : Gonswanza was endorsed by The Parrothead's Paradise of Tie-Died Chinchillas.
- : Gonswanza voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Clean Prostitute Act"".
- : Following new legislation in Gonswanza, armed police are cracking down on untaxed collectable-card-trading in local junior schools.
- : Gonswanza was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Disposable Incomes and the Top 10% for Largest Retail Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Gonswanza, powerful x-ray machines used by the Customs Department can see into the homes of nearby residents.
- : Following new legislation in Gonswanza, students abandon classrooms for online education.
- : Following new legislation in Gonswanza, the controversial show 'Who Wants to be an Immigrant?' has become wildly popular.
Endorsements Received: 56 » Hubdova, Duby, Daraln, Kreinstein, Liberto-Ancapistan, Socialist Platypus, Empireedy, Ziroxeut, Pervincia, Hockeyyekcoh, Eudaschia, Terra-Prisma, Kursibar, Aether Inc, Sri Malawi, Jolly Industries, New Republic of Romeo, Paul Pasch, Celestial Flames, Washiwa, Supero Omnia, Novo Reslas, Kinshinsoukan, Terra Celtae, Hintenland, Baccara, The Capitalist China Party, Ropen, Dacian Greater Romania, Primis Tenebris, Morphla, New Trash Land, Whicplicia, Pupaca, Lislandia, The Psittacines, Katin, The Super Best Dutch Empire, Krehamn, Nordharz, Altareynsikht, Jalmar, Etheres Federation, Kurczak Mielony, Free Azell, Cecretrov, Adalwulf, The Fowl, Parasano, Yummasia, and 6 others.Northshires, Aruza, Uatryst Gres, Sedovskia, Quite Literally California, and Tie-Died Chinchillas.