The Federal Republic of Gomark is a huge, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, zero percent divorce rate, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-working, democratic population of 576 million prenian or Gomarkians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Grico. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 20.6%.
The thriving Gomarkian economy, worth 50.0 trillion Loblas a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Retail, Arms Manufacturing, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Black market activity is notable. Average income is 86,865 Loblas, with the richest citizens earning 9.3 times as much as the poorest.
Foreign policy is mostly just to smile and hope for the best, the government regularly reassures citizens that there are no monsters under their beds, airport security is provided by private companies, and the dartboard at the Gomarkian Cancer Research Charity bears a picture of Leader's face. Crime is totally unknown. Gomark's national animal is the White-throated dipper, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Gomark was endorsed by The Empire of Amenhotep.
- : Gomark was endorsed by The Corrupt Military Aristocracy of German Federal Reich.
- : Gomark's influence in Abydos rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Gomark endorsed The Dictatorship of Lead Keion.
- : Gomark endorsed The United States of Capitasland.
- : Gomark endorsed The Colony of The unforgettable tribe.
- : Gomark endorsed The Corrupt Military Aristocracy of German Federal Reich.
- : Gomark endorsed The Iris of Zyris.
- : Following new legislation in Gomark, the dartboard at the Gomarkian Cancer Research Charity bears a picture of Leader's face.
- : Gomark lodged a message on the Abydos Regional Message Board.