The United Socialist States of Goldman Luxemburg is a colossal, socially progressive nation, renowned for its complete lack of prisons, daily referendums, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 8.423 billion Spartacustois are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Metropolis. The average income tax rate is 94.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Spartacustoi economy, worth a remarkable 1,045 trillion rubles a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an impressive 124,173 rubles, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Animal liberationists receive government funding to break into animal research labs, rugby players that knock each other over always stop to make sure the other fellow is okay, going on a diet invalidates your passport, and the nation grinds to a halt on the anniversary of every marginally noteworthy event. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Goldman Luxemburg's national animal is the tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Goldman Luxemburg's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Goldman Luxemburg's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Goldman Luxemburg was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.
- : Goldman Luxemburg's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Goldman Luxemburg was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry, Highest Food Quality, Smartest Citizens, and Most Eco-Friendly Governments and the Top 10% for Most Efficient Economies.
- : Goldman Luxemburg's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Goldman Luxemburg was refounded in Balder.
- : Goldman Luxemburg ceased to exist in The South Pacific.
- : Goldman Luxemburg was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Incomes.
- : Goldman Luxemburg was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.