The Featured Region Travels of Gold Camel is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Rose with an iron fist, and notable for its frequent executions, pith helmet sales, and punitive income tax rates. The cynical population of 7.69 billion Gold Camelians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bass Canyon. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 51.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Gold Camelian economy, worth 849 trillion Golds a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Basket Weaving, and Book Publishing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 110,453 Golds, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 473,675 per year while the poor average 16,485, a ratio of 28.7 to 1.
The government officially wants you to slow down and speak more clearly, 50% of adverts on children's television are for clothes made of cotton wool, masterpieces by male artists are on display in the dumpsters behind the gallery, and weird kids who eat bugs are breaking the law. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Gold Camel's national animal is the Dromedary camel, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Bisco.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Gold Camel was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Gold Camel was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Gold Camel's influence in Regionless rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Gold Camel's influence in Regionless rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Gold Camel's influence in Regionless rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Gold Camel was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Authoritarian.
- : Gold Camel's influence in Regionless rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : Gold Camel relocated from Osiris to Regionless.
- : Gold Camel was refounded in Osiris.
- : Gold Camel ceased to exist in Desert.