|Leader||Roberte Boberte Robertson|
The Theocracy of Goatentah is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Roberte Boberte Robertson with an even hand, and notable for its ban on automobiles, frequent executions, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, devout population of 5.075 billion Goatentahians are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 74.5%.
The all-consuming Goatentahian economy, worth 516 trillion goats a year, is quite specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Beef-Based Agriculture. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 101,738 goats, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.7 times as much as the poorest.
Frequent fliers are obliged to submit to invasive security procedures by government security, busy commuters no longer hear the cries of "I want some more!" on the nation's streets, the masses are surrendering their civil liberties without complaint for the sake of shopping convenience, and religious leaders order congregants to love any neighbour who is just like themselves. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Goatentah's national animal is the goat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Roman Catholic.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Goatentah was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Goatentah lodged a message on the The North Pacific Regional Message Board.
- : Goatentah resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Following new legislation in Goatentah, religious leaders order congregants to love any neighbour who is just like themselves.
- : Following new legislation in Goatentah, the masses are surrendering their civil liberties without complaint for the sake of shopping convenience.
- : Goatentah was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Moralistic Democracy".
- : Goatentah was endorsed by The Dreamlands of Guer Aike.
- : Goatentah was endorsed by The Armed Republic of Lomjia.
- : Goatentah was endorsed by The United Regions of Glurponia.
- : Goatentah was endorsed by The Republic of Wilkshire.