|Faith||the United Church of Rhodes|
The Commonwealth of Glen-Rhodes is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Lilika Nikolopoulou with a fair hand, and renowned for its complete lack of prisons, anti-smoking policies, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 27.005 billion Rhodesians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Grand Port. The average income tax rate is 50.3%.
The all-consuming Rhodesian economy, worth a remarkable 3,471 trillion Glen-Rhodes Dollars a year, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Cheese Exports. Average income is an impressive 128,547 Glen-Rhodes Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.7 times as much as the poorest.
A recent political speech drew the ire of nerds everywhere after the speaker claimed that Darth Vader was Harry Potter's father, discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is illegal, no one knows how to tie a reef knot, and the nation's leading climatologists are investigating animal flatulence in efforts to reduce methane emissions. Crime is totally unknown. Glen-Rhodes's national animal is the Mute Swan, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is the United Church of Rhodes.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Glen-Rhodes's influence in Pencil Sharpeners Puppet Storage rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Glen-Rhodes's influence in Pencil Sharpeners Puppet Storage rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Glen-Rhodes's influence in Pencil Sharpeners Puppet Storage rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : Glen-Rhodes relocated from Balder to Pencil Sharpeners Puppet Storage.
- : Glen-Rhodes lodged a message on the Balder Regional Message Board.
- : Glen-Rhodes's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Glen-Rhodes altered its national flag.
- : Glen-Rhodes's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Glen-Rhodes's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Glen-Rhodes's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".