The Republic of Glayji is a massive, orderly nation, notable for its flagrant waste-dumping, keen interest in outer space, and frequent executions. The hard-nosed, cynical, devout population of 1.046 billion Glayjians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Defense, and Industry. The average income tax rate is 17.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Glayjian economy, worth 79.7 trillion Pièces Éthérées a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Uranium Mining, Gambling, Arms Manufacturing, and Soda Sales. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 76,174 Pièces Éthérées, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Small children are learning a lot of new words from a teacher with Tourette Syndrome, internet moderators work overtime to remove memes comparing Leader to cartoon bears, the nation's diplomatic missives are now delivered via sniper rifle, and water fights now end with thousands dead. Crime, especially youth-related, is moderate, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Glayji's national animal is the European turtle-dove, which can occasionally be seen avoiding garbage in the nation's murky oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Glayji, water fights now end with thousands dead.
- : Following new legislation in Glayji, the nation's diplomatic missives are now delivered via sniper rifle.
- : Following new legislation in Glayji, internet moderators work overtime to remove memes comparing Leader to cartoon bears.
- : Following new legislation in Glayji, small children are learning a lot of new words from a teacher with Tourette Syndrome.
- : Glayji was reclassified from "Father Knows Best State" to "Corrupt Dictatorship".
- : Following new legislation in Glayji, drunk drivers are sent to rehabilitation paid for by the government.
- : Glayji's influence in Lunyya rose from "Superpower" to "Dominator".
- : Glayji was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Gambling Industry.
- : Glayji's influence in Lunyya fell from "Dominator" to "Superpower".
- : Following new legislation in Glayji, people typically base their votes on which party has the cutest logo.