The Constitutional Monarchy of Girua is a huge, efficient nation, notable for its public floggings, daily referendums, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-working, democratic, devout population of 992 million Giruans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Healthcare, Environment, and Law & Order also on the agenda. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kimas. The average income tax rate is 48.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Giruan economy, worth 64.7 trillion marashes a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Trout Farming. Average income is 65,175 marashes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Children prefer to begin their day with push-ups rather than breakfast, prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators, one does not simply walk into the tundra, and newspapers and TV broadcasters are given a list of 'acceptable words'. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Girua's national animal is the elephant, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Girua's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Following new legislation in Girua, newspapers and TV broadcasters are given a list of 'acceptable words'.
- : Girua was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Girua ceased to exist in NationStates.
- : Girua was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Girua was endorsed by The Republic of SKBK.
- : Girua was endorsed by The Imperial Dominion of Arithei.
- : Girua was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of East Scavenduky.
- : Girua was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Following new legislation in Girua, one does not simply walk into the tundra.