|Leader||Queen Antoinette D'Nellee|
The Empire of Giovenith is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Queen Antoinette D'Nellee with a fair hand, and notable for its daily referendums, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 25.262 billion Giovenithians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Policy, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Jensinhai. The average income tax rate is 83.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Giovenithian economy, worth a remarkable 2,366 trillion Miins a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Basket Weaving, and Tourism. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 93,687 Miins, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
People can't decide between preserving forests and buying print copies of 'Dogman Versus The Giggler', the government regularly publishes lengthy reports on its own excessive recordkeeping, urban graffiti is hand-calligraphed in perfectly kerned elegant fonts, and park rangers struggle to deal with a rash of stolen pic-a-nic baskets. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Giovenith's national animal is the Dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Giovenith's influence in Lazarus rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Giovenith altered its national flag.
- : Giovenith's influence in Lazarus rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Giovenith's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Giovenith was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Income Equality, Largest Welfare Programs, Largest Publishing Industry, Most Cheerful Citizens, and Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : Giovenith's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Giovenith was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Giovenith was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Giovenith ceased to exist in The East Pacific.
- : Giovenith was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather.