The Republic of Gigan is a massive, cultured nation, renowned for its compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 2.587 billion Giganians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Spirituality, and Defense. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 10.0%.
The strong Giganian economy, worth 146 trillion Yen a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Automobile Manufacturing, and Retail. Average income is 56,490 Yen, with the richest citizens earning 7.4 times as much as the poorest.
Surveillance cameras are banned. Crime is moderate, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Gigan's national animal is the kaiju.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Gigan's influence in Melivorica rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Gigan's influence in Melivorica rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Gigan resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Gigan's influence in Melivorica rose from "Zero" to "Page".
- : Gigan relocated from Shinka to Melivorica.
- : Gigan was endorsed by The Tasmanian Island of Greater NSW.
- : Gigan lost the endorsement of The Tasmanian Island of Greater NSW.
- : Gigan was endorsed by The Island Realm of Ayunliz.
- : Gigan was endorsed by The Generic Brand Version of Totally a Real Unicorn.
- : Gigan endorsed The Sultanate of Musi-Indra.