The Galactic Empire of Gig em Aggies is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Chief Justice D R Pepper with an iron fist, and renowned for its prohibition of alcohol, zero percent divorce rate, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 18.038 billion Aggies are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government is primarily concerned with Defense, with Industry, Education, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Welfare are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Reveille City. The average income tax rate is 98.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Gig em Aggiesian economy, worth a remarkable 7,452 trillion Reveilles a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, broadly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Trout Farming. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 413,160 Reveilles, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,169,553 per year while the poor average 116,708, a ratio of 10.0 to 1.
The nation's police officers are famously miserable-looking, the government is hungry to spread communism beyond the nation's borders, children are terrified that the 'flying police monster' will come to take them away in the night, and mathematicians are gathering an infinite number of Sauroposeidons and typewriters to see if they can recreate the works of Max Barry. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, despite the fact that it is difficult to make it through a day without breaking one of the country's many laws. Gig em Aggies's national animal is the Sauroposeidon, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Gig em Aggies voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend The Macabees".
- : Gig em Aggies voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Ritual Sacrifice".
- : Following new legislation in Gig em Aggies, mathematicians are gathering an infinite number of Sauroposeidons and typewriters to see if they can recreate the works of Max Barry.
- : Gig em Aggies ejected and banned The Dominion of The Teutonic Volk from Texas.
- : Gig em Aggies ejected and banned The Armed Republic of Asracore from Texas.
- : Following new legislation in Gig em Aggies, children are terrified that the 'flying police monster' will come to take them away in the night.
- : Following new legislation in Gig em Aggies, the government is hungry to spread communism beyond the nation's borders.
- : Gig em Aggies ejected and banned The Most Serene Republic of Xhakhaslovakia 12 from Texas.
- : Gig em Aggies endorsed The Gigantic Frozen Igloo of Studly Penguins.
- : Gig em Aggies was endorsed by The Gigantic Frozen Igloo of Studly Penguins.
Endorsements Received: 13 » NewTexas, Grays Harbor, Ewing Oil Co, Green-ville, Blandings and Fenwick, Lichian, South Aztlan, Shemiki, Lewisville Texas, Greater United Texas, Greater Fred, Lammey, and Strange Strangers.