The Democratic States of Gidonia is a huge, socially progressive nation, renowned for its smutty television, daily referendums, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 530 million Gidonians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sandrevia. The average income tax rate is 63.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Gidonian economy, worth 51.2 trillion Lennies a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Retail, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 96,585 Lennies, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
The Museum of Blackacrean War Crimes is located on "Blackacre Did Nothing Wrong Avenue", the government is a proud sponsor of the National Gaming Association, same-sex marriages are increasingly common, and incarcerated crime lords manage their empires from massage tables. Crime is totally unknown. Gidonia's national animal is the Elephant, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Gidonia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Gay Panic defense Ban".
- : Following new legislation in Gidonia, incarcerated crime lords manage their empires from massage tables.
- : Following new legislation in Gidonia, same-sex marriages are increasingly common.
- : Following new legislation in Gidonia, the government is a proud sponsor of the National Gaming Association.
- : Following new legislation in Gidonia, the Museum of Blackacrean War Crimes is located on "Blackacre Did Nothing Wrong Avenue".
- : Gidonia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Public Education.
- : Following new legislation in Gidonia, Gidonia's free colleges struggle to maintain standards in the face of overwhelming demand.
- : Following new legislation in Gidonia, it is illegal for police officers to carry out searches due to strict privacy laws.
- : Following new legislation in Gidonia, school teachers check the staff room for hidden webcams before complaining about rebellious students.
- : Following new legislation in Gidonia, strict term limits have been applied to all elected offices.
Endorsements Received: 70 » Qvait, Kylania, Volaworand, Tepertopia, Amerion, Aidenfieeld, Bawkie, Land Without Shrimp, Phanama, New Briantown, Corgitopiaa, Treir, Nowa Europa, Marinho Islands, Bleakfoot, Wehraboos, Canmore, Tsunamy, Erinor, PenguinPies, WI SD EA D, Rebel-topia, Scu Greinne, Andinla, Belschaft, Wallechi, Auphelia, Playing Pianos Filled With Flames, Bartonia Nova, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Farengeto, Zataras, Linguiniland, Aumeltopia, Holota, Wakandan Tribes, Jehenna, Qawe, Eskvenn, Kandorith, LadyRebels, The Altan, Seythennia, Death to democracy, Tsvetania, Beepee, Yeses, Ottawa land, Purple Hyacinth, Conexia, and 20 others.Concrete Slab, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Ebonhand, Sandaoguo, Bichedder, Doge Land, Enplatia, NIGHTRAY, Libedistan, Westenhald, New Belgrade, Ceutalia, House Ahsanul, Ipugao, Sedunn, Tughampton, Gonrati, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, The United Australian States, and Herbert Island.