|Leader||General John Frederick Cleburne|
The Ambrose Confederal Republic of Gibberan is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by General John Frederick Cleburne with an even hand, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, prohibition of alcohol, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, hard-working, devout population of 14.615 billion Ambrosians are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Elsbridge. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 49.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Gibberanian economy, worth 950 trillion Pound Sterlings a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Basket Weaving, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Average income is 65,010 Pound Sterlings, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 201,350 per year while the poor average 16,171, a ratio of 12.5 to 1.
Search and rescue forces now accept cheques and all major credit cards, basket-weaving is the nation's latest fad, vacationers and business travelers are often warned that they may lose the right to vote if they spend too much time overseas, and strange lights seen in the sky are officially regarded as weather balloons or hoaxes and nothing else. Crime is totally unknown, despite the fact that it is difficult to make it through a day without breaking one of the country's many laws. Gibberan's national animal is the Ambrosian Reindeer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Gibberan's influence in Esquarium rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- : Gibberan lodged a message on the Esquarium Regional Message Board.
- : Gibberan's influence in Esquarium rose from "Zero" to "Truckler".
- : The Esquarian Founders Account of Iglesian Archipelago appointed Gibberan as Administrator with authority over Appearance, Border Control, Communications, Embassies, and Polls in Esquarium.
- : Gibberan relocated from Altis to Esquarium.
- : Gibberan's influence in Altis fell from "Negotiator" to "Auxiliary".
- : Gibberan's influence in Altis fell from "Contender" to "Negotiator".
- : Gibberan's influence in Altis fell from "Instigator" to "Contender".
- : Gibberan's influence in Altis fell from "Enforcer" to "Instigator".
- : Gibberan's influence in Altis fell from "Superpower" to "Enforcer".