|Leader||Emperor Nathan IV and Empress Sophia|
The Empire of Ghant is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Emperor Nathan IV and Empress Sophia with a fair hand, and remarkable for its unlimited-speed roads, keen interest in outer space, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 13.697 billion Ghantar hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ghish. The average income tax rate is 91.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Ghantish economy, worth a remarkable 3,510 trillion Ghantmarks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, quite specialized black market in Information Technology, Tourism, Book Publishing, and Gambling. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 256,299 Ghantmarks, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Cotton candy made from genuine cotton cellulose doesn't quite satisfy, employers are finding it hard to screen candidates now that everyone gets A grades in their exams, angry men scowl at each other across chess boards, and dinner parties often end in politically charged fist fights. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Ghant's national animal is the Great Auk, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ghant voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Politics Amino"".
- : Ghant voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Preventing Species Extinction".
- : Ghant voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protection of Airspace".
- : Ghant was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.
- : Ghant voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Endangered Species Protection"".
- : Ghant voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Protecting Personal Data"".
- : Ghant voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Fair Depository standards Act".
- : Ghant voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Darkesia".
- : Ghant voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Personal Data".
- : Ghant voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Drug Abuse Amelioration Act".