The Commonwealth of Geska is a huge, socially progressive nation, renowned for its irreverence towards religion and absence of drug laws. The hard-working, democratic population of 216 million Gesks hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The tiny, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 9.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Gesk economy, worth 8.80 trillion pounds a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Door-to-door Insurance Sales industry, with major contributions from Pizza Delivery, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Cheese Exports. Average income is 40,736 pounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
The government awards prizes to television shows featuring stereotype-breaking minority roles, euthanasia is legal, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, and organ donation is compulsory. Crime is moderate, probably because of the absence of a police force. Geska's national animal is the sheep, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Geska's influence in Conch Kingdom rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Geska's influence in Conch Kingdom rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Geska lodged a message on the Conch Kingdom Regional Message Board.
- : Geska relocated from Balder to Conch Kingdom.
- : Geska's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Geska published "Overview" (Factbook: Overview).
- : Geska changed its national demonym to "Gesk" and its motto to "We Shall Not Cower".
- : Geska altered its national flag.
- : Geska was refounded in Balder.
- : Geska ceased to exist in 10000 Islands.