|Leader||President Gerrick Burdock|
|Animal||great horned owl|
The Republic of Geramundo is a massive, safe nation, ruled by President Gerrick Burdock with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, unlimited-speed roads, and complete lack of prisons. The compassionate, democratic population of 4.909 billion Geramundans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, liberal, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Environment, Public Transport, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Spirituality is ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Skyhelm. The average income tax rate is 76.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Geramundan economy, worth 545 trillion kroner a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 111,198 kroner, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Dentists routinely perform open heart surgery, glamping Geramundans won't sleep in a tent that doesn't include a Jacuzzi, self-driving cars are unpopular due to suspicion that they murder their passengers, and party leaders rely on horoscopes to create "ticket balance". Crime is totally unknown. Geramundo's national animal is the great horned owl, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Geramundo updated the World Factbook entry in Wintreath.
- : Geramundo voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Protection of Biomedical Research"".
- : Geramundo voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Promoting Sustainable Timber"".
- : Geramundo was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cheerful Citizens.
- : Geramundo voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Westphalia".
- : Geramundo voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Wrapper".
- : Geramundo was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Governments.
- : Geramundo was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Geramundo voted for the World Assembly Resolution "The Cloning Conventions".
- : Geramundo voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Iran".