The Republic of Genova and Liguria is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Giobatta Parodi with an even hand, and notable for its pith helmet sales and stringent health and safety legislation. The devout population of 1.646 billion Ligurians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Genova. The average income tax rate is 40.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Ligurian economy, worth 72.4 trillion Genovinoes a year, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Basket Weaving, and Automobile Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 43,988 Genovinoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Giobatta Parodi has just been declared ruler of Genova and Liguria in an international press conference, construction workers evacuate work sites after finding sharp rocks on the ground, Giobatta Parodi's told that love often manifests itself through homicidal four-lettered litanies, and Roman Catholicism has been named as Genova and Liguria's national religion. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Genova and Liguria's national animal is the Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Genova and Liguria was endorsed by The Kingdom of Grenevallis.
- : Genova and Liguria was endorsed by The Republic of Derlanding.
- : Genova and Liguria was endorsed by The Empire of Zukaki.
- : Genova and Liguria was endorsed by The Free Land of Sky Sacrifice.
- : Genova and Liguria was endorsed by The Republic of Woclerhiel.
- : Genova and Liguria changed its national faith to "Roman Catholicism".
- : Following new legislation in Genova and Liguria, Roman Catholicism has been named as Genova and Liguria's national religion.
- : Genova and Liguria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Drug Abuse Amelioration Act".
- : Genova and Liguria was endorsed by Theighs.
- : Genova and Liguria was endorsed by Dreedsbane.
Endorsements Received: 32 » Union of Socialist Republic of The Isle, DiRito-Opolis, Brokemia, Antarcticao, Tiskaiya, The city or Rlyeh, Technical Difficulties, Bolderdash, Luna Dam, Demenian, Whitcomb Kingdom, Fenger Guo, Holy Bolivar Empire, Betmet, Arul, Die Riech, Panem and Circensis, The XII Legion Fulminata, Vort, Helaw, Nueva Rico, Markanism, Hot Crazy Matrix, W1nky, Libertariamy, New Slovakastan, The Ysion, Woclerhiel, Sky Sacrifice, Zukaki, Derlanding, and Grenevallis.