The Kingdom of Generalitat Catalunya is a massive, socially progressive nation, notable for its compulsory military service, irreverence towards religion, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-working, democratic population of 1.098 billion Catalonians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The tiny government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Barcelona. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 7.9%.
The very strong Generalitat Catalunyan economy, worth 69.3 trillion Euros a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 63,138 Euros, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 207,056 per year while the poor average 14,449, a ratio of 14.3 to 1.
Cane fights are a common sight in nursing homes, the nation was recently voted "most likely to betray its allies", powerful x-ray machines used by the Customs Department can see into the homes of nearby residents, and Generalitat Catalunya has designated Barcelona as its capital city. Crime is moderate, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Generalitat Catalunya's national animal is the Catalan donkey, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Generalitat Catalunya's influence in Europe rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Generalitat Catalunya altered its national flag.
- : Generalitat Catalunya relocated from Osiris to Europe.
- : Generalitat Catalunya was refounded in Osiris.
- : Generalitat Catalunya ceased to exist in Europe.
- : Generalitat Catalunya was endorsed by The Riverside Monarchy of Rivierenland.
- : Generalitat Catalunya was endorsed by The Constitutional Republic of British Norklon.
- : Generalitat Catalunya was endorsed by The Presidential Republic of Bohomo.
- : Generalitat Catalunya was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Laght.
- : Generalitat Catalunya was endorsed by The Republic of Firand Sheion.