The Solitude of General Knot is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Knot with an iron fist, and notable for its frequent executions, irreverence towards religion, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 9.24 billion DENizens are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, pro-business, well-organized government is primarily concerned with Defense, with Spirituality, Industry, and Law & Order also on the agenda, while Welfare and Social Policy aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Knottingham. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 36.6%.
The all-consuming a DENzien economy, worth 843 trillion Golds a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Information Technology, and Gambling. Black market activity is extensive. Average income is 91,332 Golds, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 321,103 per year while the poor average 18,824, a ratio of 17.1 to 1.
The government regularly reassures citizens that there are no monsters under their beds, suspicious glow-in-the-dark wasps remain a source of terror and awe, children deemed 'disorderly' or otherwise unfit for public schools are shipped off to military academies, and politicians are often seen drinking soft drinks at the end of every public address. Crime is moderate, possibly because it is difficult to make it through a day without breaking one of the country's many regulations. General Knot's national animal is the Wolf, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Invaderism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : General Knot's influence in Ile de France rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : General Knot's influence in Ile de France rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : General Knot's influence in Ile de France rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : General Knot relocated from Spear Danes to Ile de France.
- : General Knot relocated from The Order of the Grey Wardens to Spear Danes.
- : General Knot relocated from Lazarus to The Order of the Grey Wardens.
- : General Knot lodged a message on the Lazarus Regional Message Board.
- : General Knot altered its national flag.
- : General Knot was refounded in Lazarus.
- : General Knot ceased to exist in Ile de France.