The People's Republic of Geckos with Shades is a huge, genial nation, renowned for its irreverence towards religion, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate population of 226 million Geckos with Shades enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Healthcare, and Education. The average income tax rate is 73.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant a Gecko with Shades economy, worth 1.53 trillion Crickets a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming, Basket Weaving, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is 6,765 Crickets, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Discarded pennies litter the streets, it is illegal to make racist remarks in public, passionate nomination battles are often as intense as general elections, and military strategists are questioning the wisdom of subsidizing the economies of sworn enemies. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Geckos with Shades's national animal is the Geico Gecko, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Geckos with Shades was endorsed by The High Court Justice of Ebonhand.
- : Geckos with Shades voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Fairness in Collective Bargaining"".
- : Geckos with Shades endorsed The Holy Empire of Ipugao.
- : Following new legislation in Geckos with Shades, military strategists are questioning the wisdom of subsidizing the economies of sworn enemies.
- : Following new legislation in Geckos with Shades, passionate nomination battles are often as intense as general elections.
- : Geckos with Shades voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate The Embassy"".
- : Geckos with Shades was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Ipugao.
- : Geckos with Shades voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Lily".
- : Following new legislation in Geckos with Shades, it is illegal to make racist remarks in public.
- : Following new legislation in Geckos with Shades, discarded pennies litter the streets.
Endorsements Received: 88 » Amerion, Corgitopiaa, Marinho Islands, Aidenfieeld, Conexia, Tepertopia, Holota, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Qvait, Beepee, Scu Greinne, Concrete Slab, Bawkie, Bleakfoot, Treir, Nowa Europa, Tsunamy, Erinor, Farengeto, Arvan Irawer, Sandaoguo, Crystal Creation, Purple Hyacinth, Linguiniland, Bear Connors Paradiso, Outer Utonixick Gollinican, Kiasu-ism, Pamela And Hepatitis, Curlyhoward, Jehenna, The Solar System Scope, Yeses, The naked people, Abarri, The Two Jerseys, Tsvetania, Darakin, Linden Oak, Belschaft, Shuckle Empire, Wehraboos, Bichedder, USNE2018, Si-topia, PenguinPies, Heliophilia, Japanese Federal Republic, Eskvenn, LadyRebels, Avalonica, and 38 others.Doge Land, Aumeltopia, Rebel-topia, Nova Montron, Drystar, Yellunstryer, Sedunn, Soem, Antarctic Empires, Southern Numenor, Sanden, Poopisiya, Greater Scottdascoda, Potion Seller, NIGHTRAY, RestartAll, Seliyan progressive Islands, Pax Dracon, Land Without Shrimp, Noire Denholm, The United Expanse, Libedistan, Native Inhabitants of Antarctica, Lioniel, Utondara, Great Andora, Westenhald, Galactic Gelatin, Tughampton, New Belgrade, Escevola, Gonrati, Volaworand, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, The United Australian States, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, Ipugao, and Ebonhand.