The Looming Shadow of Gebeta is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Alois with an even hand, and notable for its keen interest in outer space, prohibition of alcohol, and frequent executions. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 18.144 billion Gebetians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bensa. The average income tax rate is 93.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Gebetan economy, worth a remarkable 1,405 trillion Verchas a year, is highly specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology and Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 77,451 Verchas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
The Fashion Channel can only be viewed on widescreen TVs, the government's economic policy is "sort it yourself", owning a fishing rod can cause you to be subject to military questioning, and bins outnumber trees in city parks. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Gebeta's national animal is the Falcon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Gebeta's influence in Enadia rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Gebeta lodged a message on the Enadia Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Gebeta, bins outnumber trees in city parks.
- : Following new legislation in Gebeta, owning a fishing rod can cause you to be subject to military questioning.
- : Following new legislation in Gebeta, the government's economic policy is "sort it yourself".
- : Following new legislation in Gebeta, the Fashion Channel can only be viewed on widescreen TVs.
- : Gebeta was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Defense Forces.
- : Gebeta endorsed The Democratic-Republic of The Federal Government of Iowa.
- : Gebeta was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured.
- : Gebeta was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.