The Rogue Nation of Gazzus is a massive, cultured nation, renowned for its pith helmet sales, absence of drug laws, and stringent health and safety legislation. The cynical population of 1.175 billion Gazzusians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The medium-sized, socially-minded, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, with Education, Industry, and Administration also on the agenda, while International Aid and Spirituality are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Giffen. The average income tax rate is 37.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Gazzusian economy, worth 93.8 trillion Euros a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, fairly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, Information Technology, and Beef-Based Agriculture. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 79,831 Euros, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Foreign casinos have trouble paying fans who bet on the Giffen Owls' triumph against long odds, crocodile roadkill is smeared across the asphalt of the new Formula One track, prankster scientists legally change their names to silly pseudonyms before major discoveries, and teams of painters are converting road signs from horse lengths to kilometers. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Gazzus's national animal is the Owl, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Gazzus's influence in The North Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : Gazzus relocated from Balder to The North Pacific.
- : Gazzus was refounded in Balder.
- : Gazzus ceased to exist in The North Pacific.
- : Gazzus was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Trillius.
- : Gazzus was endorsed by The Queendom of Steampunk Ariel.
- : Gazzus was endorsed by The Red Queendom of Jasminlandia.
- : Gazzus was endorsed by The Technological Monarchy of Plangainer.
- : Gazzus was endorsed by The United States of Acrabinnia.
- : Gazzus was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Peldorn.